As a child, I was filled with excitement every time my mom would announce that we were having breakfast for dinner. It didn’t matter if it was eggs, pancakes, or waffles — breakfast food always felt like a special treat! As an adult, not much has changed – and the added bonus? It’s so easy and cheap to make!
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of Fairlife brand 2% milk (every major chain carries this brand in their milk section; this brand is important if you’re concerned with adding in that extra protein. Bonus– it tastes absolutely delicious!)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center.
- Pour in all the wet ingredients into the well and mix until smooth (no clumps).
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Top with berries (blueberries are my favorite with pancakes) and syrup.
Happy feasting while your fasting!